Wednesday, September 28, 2011

salver...



The world with its trembling oceans of salt
was formed at the beginning of time
by a goddess crying over a broken cobalt dish,
and that my dears is why the planet is blue--a blue plate special--
spinning in the void like an invincible dish
in a table-setting that we call the Milky Way. 
Believe you me, that all of the dish-shaped planets
full of mysterious and miraculous fare placed with care
like diamonds, in the ever expanding mystery 
defined as the universe, is indisputable proof that God,
is indeed, a vitreous-loving, kiln-carrying, plate-spinning woman...

lucy meskill

2 comments:

  1. I shall share this with my Aunt Libby who loves her blue plates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me smile, Lucy. Love the poem, the imagery, and that wonderful photo.
    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete