Saturday, January 22, 2011

punishment...


it is a game so easy
that anyone can play
first you have to love me
and then I make you pay
I hurt you by hurting me
building guilt like equity
bored wild children on a binge
plotting schemes where no one wins
through this reeking toxic swamp
won’t you come and take a romp
where tears fill every wishing well
and rogue emotions cast their spell
good lord, this game is really rough
tell me when you’ve had enough
we’ll click our heels, and then wake up
where everyone fills their own cup
and the children in us safely roam
purposefully throughout this home
where we grow up and learn to live
to hope, to dream and truly give
evolving with great clarity
a world of blessed sanity
amen…

1 comment:

  1. An amazing progression here, dear Lu, from a wishing well filled with tears (!) to clarity and sanity, if only in a prayer.

    ReplyDelete